TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please refer to our general terms and conditions, disclaimer, payment options and privacy notice.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CARNI4 PETFOOD WEBSHOP
Carni4 makes every effort to provide the information’s on the website as complete and accurate as possible, but do not guarantee the correctness of the provided information. Visitors and/or users of the website can’t claim any right from the information provided by the website of Carni4. All information available on the website of Carni4 are subject to price changes, typing errors or market development. All pictures are shown for illustrative purposes only. Any information, picture or video visible on the website of Carni4 are not available for copy and/or usage and/or distribution in any form of whatsoever without prior written permission.
The website may contain links to websites that are not owned by Carni4, hence Carni4 can’t responsible , in any ways, for the content or use of these websites or for the possible consequences of a visit to one of these websites. Information sent by e-mail by Carni4 is exclusively intended for the addressee. Use of this information by anyone other than the addressee is not permitted.
Carni4 does not guarantee the correct and complete transmission of the content of the e-mails sent or the timely receipt of the e-mails. No rights can be derived in any way from the information sent by email and/or by phone.
Article 1. Application
1. These general terms and conditions apply to all our offers and all agreements entered into by us, by whatever name.
2. In these general terms and conditions, reference is made to “buyer”, this should be understood to mean any natural or legal person who has a contractual relationship with us on the basis of a purchase agreement concluded with us via the internet, or who wishes to enter into another agreement. In particular, “buyer” also includes the person whose order and for whose account goods are delivered.
3. The provisions of these general terms and conditions can only and only be deviated from if and insofar as this has been expressly agreed in writing.
4. If the buyer also refers to (his) general terms and conditions, the terms and conditions of the buyer do not apply. This is only different if and insofar as the applicability of the buyer's terms and conditions do not conflict with our general terms and conditions, then only the provisions in our terms and conditions apply. Any stipulation to the contrary in the buyer's terms and conditions does not affect the foregoing.
Article 2. Establishment of the agreement
1. An agreement with us is only concluded when you place an order via the Carni4 website, you will receive an email with confirmation of the order. An agreement is deemed to have been concluded the moment we send the email with confirmation.
2. The buyer is bound by his order, in whatever form given to us. Carni4 do not accept any return or exchange of goods. If there are any problems with these items, please contact us at any time.
3. The order confirmation sent by us to the buyer by email is deemed to fully and accurately reflect the content of the concluded agreement. The buyer is deemed to agree with the content of our order confirmation.
4. Any additional agreements and / or commitments made and / or made by our employees, or made and / or made on our behalf by other persons acting as representatives, are only binding on us if these agreements and / or commitments made by our director (s) authorized to represent ) are confirmed in writing.
5. By placing an order and registering your email address, you agree to receive periodic information by email, if you do not appreciate this, you can unsubscribe at any time. You can let us know by e-mail.
Article 3. Prices
1. Our prices include sales tax and unless explicitly agreed or stated otherwise in writing, excluding transport costs and other costs.
Article 4. Delivery and delivery terms
1. The ordered and confirmed goods are available for pick-up by the buyer at Carni4 location (Traverse 2, 2141NR Vijfhuizen).
2. Carni4 will contact the buyer to arrange an appointment for the pick-up of the confirmed goods ordered.
Article 5. Complaints by the buyer
1. The buyer guarantees the correctness and completeness of and is responsible for the information he has provided to us. With regard to the information, sizes, color fastness and the like provided by us, the buyer must take into account the usual tolerances and small changes in the goods delivered by us. More particularly, this applies to deviations from the contracted quantity; Here too the buyer must take into account the usual clearances. The goods available for pick-up may therefore deviate from the description in the order if and insofar as it concerns small differences in size, quantity differences and minor changes.
2. Defects that were not externally visible at the time of pick-up, nor could become apparent during a careful and timely inspection, must be notified to us by the buyer within 7 working days after these defects come to light in the manner stated in article 2.
3. Any right of action of the buyer against us relating to defects in the goods picked-up with us will lapse if:
a) the defects are not notified to us within paragraphs 2 and 3 above and / or not in the manner indicated there;
b) the buyer does not cooperate or does not sufficiently cooperate with us with regard to an investigation into the validity of the complaints;
c) the buyer has not set up, treated, used, stored or maintained the goods in the correct manner or he has used or treated the goods under circumstances or for purposes other than those anticipated by us;
d) the application of the use of the goods in respect of which the complaints have been expressed is continued by the buyer;
Article 6. Liability
1. Only if the warranty obligations with regard to the goods picked-up with us have not been assumed by third parties (such as manufacturers), can the buyer assert (warranty) claims against us. In that case, our liability is limited to defects that are the result of manufacturing and material defects.
2. In the event of a complaint, if the validity of the complaint, regarding the quality, is determined by us and we are also liable as referred to in paragraph 1, we are only obliged to replace the goods, after receipt of the defective goods;
3. Barring any obligations of us under the above, we are never obliged to pay any compensation to the buyer and others, unless there is intent or fault on our part (by legally demonstrating those who hold us liable by the means). In particular, we are never liable for consequential or business damage, direct or indirect damage, including loss of profit and stoppage damage - suffered by the client, his subordinates and by him or by third parties created by full or partial (re) deliveries of goods, delayed or inadequate delivery, or the failure to deliver goods or the goods themselves.
4. The buyer is not entitled to return the goods for which there is no motivated complaint. If this nevertheless occurs without valid reasons, then all costs associated with return are at the expense of the buyer. In that case, we are free to store the goods among third parties at the expense and risk of the buyer.
5. The buyer is obliged to indemnify us against all claims that third parties may have against us with regard to the performance of the agreement, insofar as the law does not prevent the damage and costs arising from these claims from being borne by the buyer.
Article 7. Force majeure
1. Force majeure should be understood to mean any circumstance beyond our control that is of such a nature that compliance with the agreement cannot reasonably be expected of us (non-attributable shortcomings in compliance). Force majeure also includes: war, riots and hostilities of any kind, blockade, boycott, natural disasters, epidemics, lack of raw materials, prevention and interruption of transport options, disruptions in our company, import and export restrictions or prohibitions, obstacles caused by measures. , laws or decisions of international, national and regional (government) authorities. If, due to force majeure, we cannot, not properly or not timely fulfill our obligation to deliver, we are entitled to consider the agreement or the part not yet performed as dissolved, or to suspend it for a definite or indefinite period, at our choice. In the event of force majeure, the buyer cannot sue us for compensation.
Article 8. Applicable law
1. The quotations made by us and all agreements entered into by us are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
Article 9. Dispute settlement
1. All disputes of whatever nature related to / arising from agreements entered into by us and deliveries made by us will be settled by the competent court in the Netherlands.
This disclaimer intend to indicate under which reservation we offer the information on our website to you.
The use of the information on this website is free as long as you do not copy, distribute or otherwise use or misuse this information.
It is not permitted to re-use any text, photo material, video material or other materials on this website without the express written permission of Carni4. The intellectual property rests with Carni4.
For the prices on our website, we strive for the most accurate possible representation of the reality and the intended prices. Errors that arise and are recognizable as programming or typing errors, never form a reason to claim or assume a contract or agreement with Carni4.
Carni4 strives for a website that is as precise and accurate as possible. If, despite these efforts, the information or content on this website is incomplete and / or incorrect, we cannot accept any liability for this.
The information and / or products on this website are offered without any form of guarantee and / or claim to correctness. We reserve the right to change, remove or repost these materials without prior notice. Carni4 do not accept any liability for any information on websites to which we refer via hyperlinks.
The following payment options can be selected when picking up the food in Traverse 2 – 2141NR Vijfhuizen:
- Payment in cash
In our confirmation e-mail we will offer the following payment option:
- Pay in advance by bank transfer (the order is transferred manually, after paying the total amount we will contact you to make a pick-up appointment)
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit the Carni4 website, regardless of where you visit it from and tell you about your privacy rights. We will refer to the website as the “Services”.
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the Privacy Notice of every website you visit.
Categories of Data
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We or our service providers may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
> Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
> Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
International Data Transfers
If you choose to provide us with information, we may transfer that information to our third party service providers or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Where required by law, we have put in place legal mechanisms designed to ensure adequate data protection of your personal data, in particular standard contractual clauses.
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data from children. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child under age 16 without the parent or legal guardian’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond to the child/parent/guardian to inform the child that he or she may not use the Website.
How We Collect Your Personal Data:
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions - You may give us your personal data when you interact with us. This includes personal data you provide when you:
purchase a product;
subscribe to our service or publications;
give us some feedback.
This Notice solely describes how we handle your personal data and does explicitly not describe how third parties from which we collected your personal data process your personal data. We have no influence on this.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Purpose and legal basis
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Furthermore, we may only process your personal information if we have a legal basis for data processing. If we do not have such a legal basis, the data processing will not be lawful. The lawful basis ties in with the processing purpose.
Examples of legal basis are:
i) you have given your consent for the processing of your personal information for one or more specific purposes; or
ii) the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, but only if your interests, fundamental rights or fundamental freedoms do not outweigh our legitimate interests.
Please find below the purposes for which we process your personal information and the legal basis on which we rely.
When you purchase a product
Processing and delivering your order, manage payments, fees, and charges and providing information about our products.
Legitimate interest in performing under a contract with the company you represent.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties process the data upon or instructions (processors), or are subject to the same or similar data protection rules. Those third-parties include: service providers.
We may also release your information when we believe release is necessary to comply with the law or request from governmental (enforcement) agencies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
In the event of the purchase or sale of a business, your personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.